Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What Do I Think of College Now

When I think about college I think about diversity, making new friends, learning about new people, and hard work. This month of being at The University of Tennessee at Knoxville I meet many new friends and started to build a family within the UT LEAD program. Also, in being here I have many diverse people and shared some things in common with them. I learned about their history and background information and most of them were like mine; Father not in the picture when growing up, poor family, or maybe even a 1st generation college student. This really opened my eyes and made me see that I wasn’t alone in my situation. I could find someone else to talk to and have him or her relate to my problems. College is about helping yourself and each other. One of the things they say in orientation is look to the left and look to the right, that person sitting next to you may not be here the next semester. But I think what they did not stress was that person may also end up being your friend or someone that may help you in the future or through your college career. Now that I have entered college I see the world different than before. I see a truckload of opportunity. It is all about how willing and hard you want to work for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment